[aur-general] TU applications, discussion periods and "no" votes.

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Tue Dec 15 05:07:06 UTC 2020

Hi all,

In at least one recent TU application, there was not a single criticism or
negative remark during the discussion period and yet there was still a "no"
vote in the result. A "no" vote is an objection and it is important to bring it
up during the discussion period so that other TUs may take it into
consideration when voting. It also gives the candidate the opportunity to
address it, which itself can be very informative during the discussion period.

I am not trying to call anyone out. It may well be the case that someone missed
the discussion period or misclicked while voting, or has a personal objection
or a blood vendetta against the candidate's family spanning back 5 generations
that they are not allowed to talk about. I absolutely do not want to know who
voted "no" or why. I just want to encourage everyone to participate in the
discussion period when they have something to add.

Regards,
Xyne