[aur-general] Submit updated package build to the AUR - hey

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 13 23:34:37 UTC 2020

On 12/13/20 6:30 PM, Shyamin Ayesh via aur-general wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list and don't know if I'm submitting the question
> to the right one. Please forgive me if I'm doing something wrong.
>
> I tried to submit new AUR package for the HTTP load testing tool called hey
> written in golang and it got failed to "git push" because of the origin
> repository is not empty. It seems like there is already a repository with
> past work and I can't submit new package because of that reason. When I try
> to navigate to the package page I can't find the package.
>
> Repository: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/?h=hey
> Package: https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/hey/ ( 404 - not found )

You're in luck -- it was deleted from the AUR due to being added to the
official repos! https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/hey/

Or, well, I guess you're not in luck if you really wanted that learning
experience of maintaining a package. In that case, feel free to find
more cool software to maintain instead. ;)

Note that deleted packages in the AUR retain their git backing history
even when delisted, for historical tracking purposes.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User