[aur-general] review of getax2019 PKGBUILD
bert at bertptrs.nl
Sun Feb 23 14:35:55 UTC 2020
On Sun, 2020-02-23 at 13:17 +0100, Yoan Blanc via aur-general wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've built my first PKGBUILD based on Brunio Renié's vaudtax,
> Do you think I could propose it as is to aur-request? Do you see
> that could be improved?
Some things that stand out:
- You prepare shouldn't ever download things; you should use the
sources array for that.
- The build function isn't mandatory and can be left out if unused.
- The included `getax` script checks for java somehow, which is a
direct dependency. If this script comes from somewhere else, include
it in the sources array. Otherwise, just assume that your dependencies
are actualy isntalled.
- You should consistently quote $srcdir and $pkgdir since they may
- Not sure if there is a rule about it, but a package description in
French seems odd to me.
- You depend on a specific java package rather than a specific java
version, or just java-environment. Why?
- Take a look at the java packaging guidelines in , it has more
general tips wrt to packaging java apps.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the aur-general