[aur-general] TU application: hashworks

Jonas Witschel diabonas at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 8 15:31:00 UTC 2020

Hi hashworks,

On 2020-06-08 15:08, hashworks via aur-general wrote:
> My name is Justin Kromlinger aka hashworks and I'm applying as a
> Trusted User with the sponsorship of Thore Bödecker aka foxxx0 and
> Christian Rebischke aka shibumi who recently reviewed my AUR packages
> [1] – thanks for that! Some may know me from freenode#archlinux.de,
> where I'm lingering since a few years. I am and will be reachable there
> anytime.

I have had a quick look over your AUR packages and found some issues:

brickstrap-git: should provide and conflict on "brickstrap" (even though
there is currently no such AUR package, it would be easy to create one
at any time given upstream has stable releases).

certbot-dns-hetzner-git: remove the leading "v" in pkgver, see [1].

dns-zone-blacklist-git: missing provides and conflicts on
"dns-zone-blacklist".

goaccess-git: remove the leading "v" in pkgver, use 'make
DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install' instead of 'prefix="$pkgdir/usr"
sysconfdir="$pkgdir/etc"'.

i3blocks-contrib: remove the useless provides and conflicts entries for
itself.

mustache: since this package only installs an architecture-independent
header file, it should be arch=('any').

pam-ihosts: remove the makedepends on "gcc" and "binutils" since they
are in base-devel [2].

pam-ihosts-git: remove the makedepends on base-devel packages, arch
should be "x86_64" instead of "any" (like pam-ihosts).

prismatik-bin: the package currently conflicts on "prismatik-psieg",
which prismatik-sieg-git doesn't even provide. Just let prismatik-bin
conflict on prismatik instead (like you already do for prismatik-psieg-git).

zimwriterfs: arch should be "x86_64" instead of "any", also the upstream
repository has recently been archived in favour of "zim-tools".
> For most of my packages I use a personal GitLab instance to verify the
> builds with a pipeline [3] and since a while the process of new
> releases is automated.

I like the sound of that! Out of curiosity, do you trigger builds for
every upstream commit of VCS packages, or is it linked to committing new
revisions of a PKGBUILD file?

Best of luck with your application!

Jonas

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_package_guidelines#Git