[aur-general] What is pkgrel and why/how should I use it?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 3 20:36:04 UTC 2020

On 3/3/20 2:09 PM, karx via aur-general wrote:
> Hello all, sorry if this is not in the appropriate mailing list. I am
> developing an AUR package, and it says that pkgrel is a required field.
> Right now, I simply leave it at 1, but I want to know how I should really
> use it and what its purpose is.
>
> Thanks, Yash

This mailing list is fine for any discussion about developing AUR
packages, including questions about the PKGBUILD format.

But I am curious -- have you read the wiki documentation at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgrel and if so, is there
anything that was still unclear to you after reading it?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User