[aur-general] PKGBUILD submission: osrs-launcher

Rafael Fontenelle rafaelff at gnome.org
Sat May 2 13:37:03 UTC 2020

Hi Nick,

Em sáb., 2 de mai. de 2020 às 07:41, Nick Shvelidze
<captain at pirrate.me> escreveu:

> Hi, I couldn't find the official Old School RuneScape launcher in the
> AUR, so I decided to package it, using the official mac client as
> source.
> I have written a simple sh script to launch the included jar file
> (with options extracted from  Info.plist file). I'm also extracting
> the icons from mac icns
> The pkgver I also got from the Info.plist file, I don't know if it's
> possible to extract programmatically.
>
> I couldn't find the official license for this anywhere, except a
> generic terms and conditions page of Jagex, which is in HTML format, I
> don't know if I should scrape it as text and include in package.
>
> # Maintainer: Nikoloz Shvelidze <captain at pirrate.me>
> pkgname=osrs-launcher
> pkgver=1.2
> pkgrel=1
> epoch=
> pkgdesc="Official OldSchool RuneScape launcher"
> arch=(any)
> url="https://oldschool.runescape.com/"
> license=('unknown')
> groups=()
> depends=(java-runtime bash)
> makedepends=(p7zip libicns)
> checkdepends=()
> optdepends=()
> provides=()
> conflicts=()
> replaces=()
> backup=()
> options=()
> install=
> changelog=
> source=("https://www.runescape.com/l=1/downloads/OldSchool.dmg"
> "osrs-launcher" "osrs-launcher.desktop")
> noextract=()
> md5sums=(af345cb11c7e392c15e4d2681d9de17f SKIP SKIP)
> validpgpkeys=()
>
> prepare() {
> cd "$srcdir"
> 7z e "OldSchool.dmg" -o"$pkgname-$pkgver" -aoa "Old School
> RuneScape/Old School
> RuneScape.app/Contents/Java/jagexappletviewer.jar"
> 7z e "OldSchool.dmg" -o"$pkgname-$pkgver" -aoa "Old School
> RuneScape/Old School RuneScape.app/Contents/Resources/OSRS.icns"
> cd "$pkgname-$pkgver"
> icns2png -x "OSRS.icns"
> }
>
> package() {
> mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/share/osrs-launcher"
> mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/share/pixmaps"
> mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/share/applications"
> mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/bin"
>
> install -Dm644 "$pkgname-$pkgver/OSRS_512x512x32.png"
> "$pkgdir/usr/share/pixmaps/osrs-launcher.png"
> install -Dm644 "$pkgname-$pkgver/jagexappletviewer.jar"
> "$pkgdir/usr/share/osrs-launcher/jagexappletviewer.jar"
> install -Dm755 "osrs-launcher" "$pkgdir/usr/bin/osrs-launcher"
> install -Dm644 "osrs-launcher.desktop"
> "$pkgdir/usr/share/applications/osrs-launcher.desktop"
> }

openosrs-launcher-appimage [1] seems to already provide OldSchool
RuneScape launcher in AppImage file.  How do your PKGBUILD differ from
that one in terms of resulting software? (your PKGBUILD has
"official", not sure if this appimage's source is official)

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openosrs-launcher-appimage

Besides that, some comments on your PKGBUILD:
1. You can remove fields not used, like options=(), backup=(), etc.
2. In package(), there is no need for using "mkdir" and then "install
-D"; -D flag already creates all the directory tree for that file.
3. Regarding license, it could be proprietary. If that so, maybe
Jagex's "Terms and Conditions" apply to this source. I can't tell for
sure.
3. Using MacOS binary in Linux? I didn't run your PKGBUILD, but I hope
you tested and made sure it works. :)

Cheers,
Rafael Fontenelle