[aur-general] PKGBUILD submission: osrs-launcher

Nick Shvelidze captain at pirrate.me
Sat May 2 14:21:28 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 2, 2020, 17:43 Rafael Fontenelle <rafaelff at gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Em sáb., 2 de mai. de 2020 às 07:41, Nick Shvelidze
> <captain at pirrate.me> escreveu:
> >
> > Hi, I couldn't find the official Old School RuneScape launcher in the
> > AUR, so I decided to package it, using the official mac client as
> > source.
> > I have written a simple sh script to launch the included jar file
> > (with options extracted from  Info.plist file). I'm also extracting
> > the icons from mac icns
> > The pkgver I also got from the Info.plist file, I don't know if it's
> > possible to extract programmatically.
> >
> > I couldn't find the official license for this anywhere, except a
> > generic terms and conditions page of Jagex, which is in HTML format, I
> > don't know if I should scrape it as text and include in package.
> >
> > # Maintainer: Nikoloz Shvelidze <captain at pirrate.me>
> > pkgname=osrs-launcher
> > pkgver=1.2
> > pkgrel=1
> > epoch=
> > pkgdesc="Official OldSchool RuneScape launcher"
> > arch=(any)
> > url="https://oldschool.runescape.com/"
> > license=('unknown')
> > groups=()
> > depends=(java-runtime bash)
> > makedepends=(p7zip libicns)
> > checkdepends=()
> > optdepends=()
> > provides=()
> > conflicts=()
> > replaces=()
> > backup=()
> > options=()
> > install=
> > changelog=
> > source=("https://www.runescape.com/l=1/downloads/OldSchool.dmg"
> > "osrs-launcher" "osrs-launcher.desktop")
> > noextract=()
> > md5sums=(af345cb11c7e392c15e4d2681d9de17f SKIP SKIP)
> > validpgpkeys=()
> >
> > prepare() {
> > cd "$srcdir"
> > 7z e "OldSchool.dmg" -o"$pkgname-$pkgver" -aoa "Old School
> > RuneScape/Old School
> > RuneScape.app/Contents/Java/jagexappletviewer.jar"
> > 7z e "OldSchool.dmg" -o"$pkgname-$pkgver" -aoa "Old School
> > RuneScape/Old School RuneScape.app/Contents/Resources/OSRS.icns"
> > cd "$pkgname-$pkgver"
> > icns2png -x "OSRS.icns"
> > }
> >
> > package() {
> > mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/share/osrs-launcher"
> > mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/share/pixmaps"
> > mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/share/applications"
> > mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/bin"
> >
> > install -Dm644 "$pkgname-$pkgver/OSRS_512x512x32.png"
> > "$pkgdir/usr/share/pixmaps/osrs-launcher.png"
> > install -Dm644 "$pkgname-$pkgver/jagexappletviewer.jar"
> > "$pkgdir/usr/share/osrs-launcher/jagexappletviewer.jar"
> > install -Dm755 "osrs-launcher" "$pkgdir/usr/bin/osrs-launcher"
> > install -Dm644 "osrs-launcher.desktop"
> > "$pkgdir/usr/share/applications/osrs-launcher.desktop"
> > }
>
> openosrs-launcher-appimage [1] seems to already provide OldSchool
> [...]

Hi Rafael, my PKGBUILD extracts the Java launcher jar from the official
MacOS app. It's a cross-platform jar and I'm sure the Windows app uses the
same one, just it's distributed as Windows Installer msi and harder to
extract.

The appimage you linked seems to be a third-party application.

I'll remove the mkdir lines and unused files from my PKGBUILD.

I'm also thinking if I should make this a -bin package since it doesn't
build anything.