[aur-general] TU application; freswa

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Wed May 6 21:48:20 UTC 2020

On 5/6/20 11:19 PM, Frederik Schwan via aur-general wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> my name is Frederik aka freswa and I'm applying to become a Trusted User with svenstaro's and grazzolini's sponsorship.
>
> I started using Linux around 2004 with some live images of Ubuntu. In 2010, Debian became my main OS. Only a year later I switched to Arch after I screwed up Debian/sid while hunting for the latest kernel.
> I'm interested in DevOps topics, mail server, C, Rust, Go and newer JVM languages such as Kotlin.
>
> Thanks to svenstaro I've been a bug wrangler since February. You mostly hear from me when I assign bugs to the wrong people from time to time :P

That rings a bell, thanks for helping out with our bugtracker - even if that means some things get accidentally assigned wrong :p

> OS contributions:
> - working on the dovecot-xaps code, providing native Mail.app Apple Push for iOS devices
> - maintaining and writing PKGBUILDs for the AUR
> - bug reporting and fixing for several projects
>
> My AUR packages got reviewed recently by eschwartz, svenstaro and alad - thanks :)

Hey, i just submitted all AUR PKGBUILDs that you are a (co-)maintainer for to my PKGBUILD checker and there are a couple of things you should review
most importantly:
- all references to $srcdir & co should be quoted as those might contain spaces, leading to undesireable word-splitting
- foo should never conflict/provide foo-git, those relations should work the other way around
- http URLs should be upgraded to https when the remote supports it

At the bottom of this mail you'll find the raw checker output, please review and adjust as needed :)

> If I become a TU, I'd like to focus on the bug tracker until we have a better solution. I'd also like to help out bug fixing when maintainers are busy, away or on vacation.
>
> Packages which I would like to move to [Community], some of which are not mine:
> docker-credential-pass
> i3status-rust
> intel-undervolt
> ispin
> mysqltuner
> pdfposter
> pinentry-rofi
> protobuf-go
> sha3sum
> spin
> talosctl
> thermald
> unifi
> woeusb
>
> I'm aware though that some of these packages do not meet the criteria of 10 votes yet. I'll reevaluate whether they meet this criteria from time to time.
> I'd also like to go on helping Eli with maintenance of zfs-dkms and zfs-utils in the AUR.

AUR package maintenance is orthogonal to TU duties ^^ - you should talk to Eli directly about this

> In case JetBrains is okay with us packaging their IDE's, I'd also maintain them. But so far all requests I found resulted in a negative response from JB.

As far as i know, JetBrains is quite adamant on people using their "Toolbox" for managing JetBrains software, good luck though.

> I am looking forward to working with you!
> Frederik

Good luck with the rest of your application!

Checker output mentioned above:

adobe-icc:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 10
Offending line:
url='http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/iccprofiles/iccprofiles_mac.html'

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 13
Offending line:
source=('http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/iccprofiles/mac/AdobeICCProfilesCS4Mac_end-user.zip'

brother-hl4150cdn:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 9
Offending line:
url='http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=de&lang=de&prod=hl4150cdn_all&os=127&flang=English'

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 17
Offending line:
        "http://download.brother.com/welcome/dlf005939/hl4150cdnlpr-${pkgver}-${pkgrel}.i386.rpm"

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 18
Offending line:
        "http://download.brother.com/welcome/dlf005941/hl4150cdncupswrapper-${pkgver}-${pkgrel}.i386.rpm")

datagrip:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 9
Offending line:
url='http://www.jetbrains.com/datagrip/'

dovecot-xaps-daemon:
Style: 'conflicts' on line 10 should not contain other variant(s) of 'dovecot-xaps-daemon'
Offending line:
conflicts=('dovecot-xaps-daemon-git')

dovecot-xaps-plugin:
Style: 'conflicts' on line 11 should not contain other variant(s) of 'dovecot-xaps-plugin'
Offending line:
conflicts=('dovecot-xaps-plugin-git')

exfat-utils-nofuse:
Error: Potentially unquoted variable may contain spaces and should be quoted on line 22
Offending line:
  patch -p0 < ${srcdir}/nofuse.patch

flexbox-udev:
Error: Potentially unquoted variable may contain spaces and should be quoted on line 14
Offending line:
  install -Dm644 ${srcdir}/99-tprogrammer.rules ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/99-tprogrammer.rules

gtkhotkey:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 17
Offending line:
source=("http://launchpad.net/$pkgname/0.2/$pkgver/+download/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz"

hipchat:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 6
Offending line:
# Contributor: Tom Vincent <http://tlvince.com/contact>

imapsync:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 8
Offending line:
url='http://www.linux-france.org/prj/'

ispin:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 9
Offending line:
url='http://spinroot.com/'

jetbrains-toolbox:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 8
Offending line:
url='http://www.jetbrains.com/toolbox/'

jtool-bin:
url='http://www.newosxbook.com/tools/jtool.html'

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 10
Offending line:
source=('http://www.newosxbook.com/tools/jtool.tar')

libpurple-lurch:
Style: 'provides' on line 12 should not contain other variant(s) of 'libpurple-lurch'
Offending line:
provides=('libpurple-lurch-git')

makemkv-cli:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 9
Offending line:
url='http://www.makemkv.com'

minetime-bin:
Style: 'pkgdesc' on line 5 should not end on punctuation
Offending line:
pkgdesc='MineTime is a modern, intuitive and smart calendar application.'

namebench:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 10
Offending line:
url='http://code.google.com/p/namebench/'

nameinator:
Error: Potentially unquoted variable may contain spaces and should be quoted on line 32
Offending line:
  install -Dm755 ${srcdir}/gopath/bin/${pkgname} "${pkgdir}"/usr/bin/${pkgname}

onivim2:
Style: 'conflicts' on line 14 should not contain other variant(s) of 'onivim2'
Offending line:
conflicts=('onivim2-git')

or-tools-java:
Style: 'pkgdesc' on line 5 should not end on punctuation
Offending line:
pkgdesc='Google`s Operations Research tools. With Java bindings.'

Error: Potentially unquoted variable may contain spaces and should be quoted on line 46
Offending line:
for i in ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/${pkgname}/*.so.*; do ln -rs ${i} ${i%so.*}so; done

parcimonie-sh-git:
Style: 'validpgpkeys' on line 14 is empty and should be removed
Offending line:
validpgpkeys=(

perl-http-dav:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 10
Offending line:
url='http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTTP-DAV'

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 11
Offending line:
source=("http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/C/CO/COSIMO/HTTP-DAV-${pkgver}.tar.gz")

perl-json-webtoken:
url="http://search.cpan.org/~xaicron/JSON-WebToken/"

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 13
Offending line:
source=("http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/X/XA/XAICRON/JSON-WebToken-${pkgver}.tar.gz")

perl-ntlm:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 9
Offending line:
url='http://search.cpan.org/~nbebout/NTLM/'

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 12
Offending line:
source=("http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/N/NB/NBEBOUT/NTLM-${pkgver}.tar.gz")

pxz:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 11
Offending line:
url='http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/pxz/'

sendip:
Style: 'pkgdesc' on line 7 should not end on punctuation
Offending line:
pkgdesc='A commandline tool to allow sending arbitrary IP packets.'

thunderbird-nightly:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 12
Offending line:
url="http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird"

tomighty:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 9
Offending line:
url='http://www.tomighty.org/'

ttf-freebanglafont:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 10
Offending line:
url='http://www.ekushey.org/'

ttf-ubraille:
Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 10
Offending line:
url='http://yudit.org/download/fonts/UBraille/'

Warning: Potentially unintentional HTTP URL on line 14
Offending line:
source=('http://yudit.org/download/fonts/UBraille/UBraille.ttf')

webstorm:
Style: 'pkgdesc' on line 8 should not end on punctuation
Offending line:
pkgdesc='JavaScript IDE and HTML editor.'

xfce-polkit:
Style: 'conflicts' on line 11 should not contain other variant(s) of 'xfce-polkit'
Offending line:
conflicts=('xfce-polkit-git' 'polkit-gnome')

youtrack:
url='http://www.jetbrains.com/youtrack/'

--
Rob (coderobe)