[aur-general] AUR package q -- newbie

Raj Kombiyil rkombiyil at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:03:47 UTC 2020

On Tue, May 12, 2020, 14:09 Markus Schaaf <mschaaf at elaboris.de> wrote:

> Am 12.05.20 um 05:40 schrieb Raj Kombiyil via aur-general:
>
> > $git clone https:://AUR.archlinux.org/gedit-latex.git
> > Thanks in advance for any pointers. Appreciate it.
>
> BTW, this isn't the package I've uploaded, but the older you complained
> about. The older one installs rubber and texlive-core, so I'm not sure
> what your problem is. With my package and rubber installed, I can see
> error messages from rubber in the bottom pane.

Apologies, kind Sir. Mixup is mistake. Somehow downloaded the file which
was there earlier and about which someone else had complained (that it was
giving error). I removed the package and installed yours. Works like a
charm. If there's a place where I can upvote/something pl let me know.
Also, this thread can be closed.

> Do yourself a favour and use your new knowledge to install an AUR
> helper. I like yay. Then use it like you would use pacman, e.g.
> $ yay -Syu ; yay -S gedit-latex-git rubber texlive-core

Will do. Again, thanks a lot for the help. I thank all the wonderful people
who helped besides giving info on how to make packages. Appreciate it.