[aur-general] When to use optdepends

Markus Schaaf mschaaf at elaboris.de
Thu May 14 18:36:57 UTC 2020

Am 14.05.20 um 20:05 schrieb Eli Schwartz via aur-general:

> but the name of the plugin implies it's intended to be used for a
> specific type of command. If it's just a... general command
> runner?

It provides a toolbar and a bit of magic for *editing* latex files:
inserting images, item lists, formulas, bibliography etc. -- there is
also a button to "build" your document, with a customizable list of
external commands. But latex land is not very standardized. There is a
plethora of tools with a lot of overlap. Maybe rubber is king and
everything falls into place, when I get to know it better. Probably I
can decide which optdepends to suggest in half a year.

BR