[aur-general] TU application - rgacogne

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Fri Nov 13 23:39:19 UTC 2020

On 13/11/2020 08:52, Remi Gacogne via aur-general wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Remi Gacogne, and I hereby apply to join the Trusted Users
> team, kindly sponsored by Levente Polyak and Morten Linderud
<snip>

> My main motivation for becoming a TU is however not to move those, but
> to relieve the workload of other TUs by helping maintain and/or adopting
> existing community packages. For obvious reasons I have already
> discussed adopting the powerdns and powerdns-recursor packages from
> anthraxx, but I would also be interested in adopting some orphans here
> and there, like for example hiredis, libopenraw and nsd. I should also
> mention that being a TU would be very useful to my work on the security
> team, since I would then be able to help fix critically vulnerable packages.
> My preferred, old-fashioned, way of keeping track of packages updates is
> to subscribe to mailing-lists, but I have come to appreciate the use of
> tools like nvchecker in doing so as well :)

Hi!

I'm happy to see you (finally) apply to become a TU! We've indeed met
during Chaos Communication Congress, during FOSDEM if I'm not mistaken.

Remi has been part of the security team since the beginning and has
always contributed high quality reports. Working together with him has
always been a great experience and I look forward to what he can bring
to Arch as a TU.

Greetings,

Jelle van der Waa