[aur-general] Reply to your request SGE

Manhong Dai daimh at umich.edu
Mon Oct 12 23:26:07 UTC 2020

Hi Freswa,

  Somebody pointed me to your reply in the list. I didn't even know that
the request in the AUR request system was sent to this email list, nor I
know such an email list existed.

  I agree that you think you already gave enough explanation from your
point of view. However, please think about it in my shoes, I I didn't even
know such an email list existed before I sent the last request through the
AUR website, and I just registered it about an hour ago to appeal. If you
think I spammed this request system, I am sorry for it. But from my point
of view, I have been extremely patient and following the ladder to appeal,
because I didn't get any email or any response on the AUR website, which
just says one word 'rejected'.

  I am also a very responsive package maintainer. You can check out my
other packages, as long as other people submitted a suggestion, I responded
the second day, and accepted their suggestions.

  In terms of the package SGE, I just searched my email again but didn't
find any email saying that the package is marked as out-of-date. It will be
hard to believe that a package that was submitted just four months ago is
already marked as out of date. It worked on a cluster of all our Arch Linux
nodes four months ago, and it is still working on the latest Arch Linux. It
worked on both new node installation and old node upgrade . I would never
have thought to check the AUR website to see if I am still a maintainer.
All I got was the two emails, one saying it was disowned, the other saying
it was adopted, and they are 19 minutes apart.

  Now I understand that each AUR package maintainer should join the email
list and keep watching it. Given this special circumstance, can I get the
maintainer status for the package SGE back?

Best,
Manhong