[aur-general] Strange pikaur behaviour

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sun Aug 1 16:24:53 UTC 2021

Am 01.08.21 um 17:47 schrieb Ralf Mardorf via aur-general:
> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 17:35:54 +0200, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>> PKGBUILD does not contain the dependency, but .SRCINFO does.  :-(
> Hi,
>
> that's no big deal.
>
> ".SRCINFO files contain package metadata in a simple, unambiguous
> format, so that tools such as the AUR's Web back-end or AUR helpers may
> retrieve a package's metadata without parsing the PKGBUILD directly."
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/.SRCINFO
It's only been the first time for me I noticed a conflict between
PKGBUILD and .SRCINFO - next time I will look into both files, when I
notice such suspicious behaviour. ;-)
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 12:39:59 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> the very first thing to do by yourself [...] is trying to build without
>> an AUR helper.
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2021-July/049129.html
>
> Don't replace one AUR helper by another, if an AUR helper fails. You
> can build it using "makepkg".
I thought, pikaur fails because of a problem with some caching; then it
makes sense to check by using some other AUR helper, and aura failing
finally led me to the correct point, too - but it was the last one I
checked, and it took me quite some time.

BTW, I've now installed meshroom-git using the following command:
pikaur -Sa --assume-installed alembic-qfix meshroom-git

After building, this results in the following strange pacman command for
installation:
'sudo pacman --color=always --assume-installed alembic-qfix --upgrade
--assume_installed
/home/peter/.cache/pikaur/pkg/meshroom-git-2021.1.0.r134.gf1331c6a-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst'

That causes pacman to abort, but I could continue installing after
removing "--assume-installed", i.e. using:
sudo pacman --color=always --upgrade
/home/peter/.cache/pikaur/pkg/meshroom-git-2021.1.0.r134.gf1331c6a-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

However, that should probably be fixed ...

Regards,
Peter