[aur-general] Package Request and/or TU Application

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Thu Aug 19 20:14:08 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-19 23:05, Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general wrote:
> We shouldn't postpone upgrading the aurweb server because of this. If
> some TU wants to maintain it, fine. But, for the actual deployment, I
> wouldn't use repo packages.

How you choose to deploy is only a little bit related. I can see the 
argument for wanting to pick libraries that are packaged by Arch if 
nothing else than just for the sake of the developers working on the 
project or test deployments or whatever.

Even if the devops guys decide it's easier to maintain a deployment 
another way (as for example they do with GitLab that does not dogfood 
Arch's own packaging) that's fine. If it will serve the purposes of 
aurweb developers I'm happy to expedite it being in [community] and 
maintain it as the latest available upstream release.


More information about the aur-general mailing list