[aur-general] Package Request and/or TU Application

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Thu Aug 19 20:14:08 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-19 23:05, Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general wrote:
> We shouldn't postpone upgrading the aurweb server because of this. If
> some TU wants to maintain it, fine. But, for the actual deployment, I
> wouldn't use repo packages.

How you choose to deploy is only a little bit related. I can see the
argument for wanting to pick libraries that are packaged by Arch if
nothing else than just for the sake of the developers working on the
project or test deployments or whatever.

Even if the devops guys decide it's easier to maintain a deployment
another way (as for example they do with GitLab that does not dogfood
Arch's own packaging) that's fine. If it will serve the purposes of
aurweb developers I'm happy to expedite it being in [community] and
maintain it as the latest available upstream release.

Caleb