[aur-general] Package Request and/or TU Application

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Thu Aug 19 20:24:52 UTC 2021

I do like Giancarlo's idea because it would really future proof a lot
of Python libraries we use; we could just lock versions in
requirements.txt. It just feels a bit odd that we're splitting between
two different package managers, especially because we still have to
depend on several arch packages working properly regardless of the
Python libraries.

I think I'm going to in fact commit that in as a new route for Python
dependencies within a few days; it'll at least remove a dependency on
unmaintained packages in the future.

That being said, I'd still vouch for the package in question for
[community], as it's quite useful and seems like it's been stable
for long enough in upstream.

Regardless, thanks for taking a look and replying so quickly!

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Morris