[aur-general] What's happened with URxvt upstream? And how to build dependent packages now?

Radislav Golubtsov rgolubtsov at mail.ru
Tue Aug 24 18:55:32 UTC 2021

Hi guys,

First of all, I’d like to say, I’m a long-time and happy user of the URxvt terminal emulator and more precisely — of its AUR package "rxvt-unicode-better-wheel-scrolling" [1]. It’s the very good complement to a WM of my choice (Window Maker) for many years.

From aside, I didn’t updated Arch on my laptop around a year (11 months with a couple-triple of extra days). And in the end of last eek I’ve decided to do so (with help, of couse, pacman-static from the private repo of Eli Schwartz [2] — and then with the stock pacman straight out). Finally, my system is running well with all the official packages updated and those from the AUR too, except one mentioned for this asking — URxvt.

AFAIK, and as checked out some of the AUR packages, resembling and augmenting functionality of the URxvt terminal emulator, — they are all pulling out the upstream tarball in their PKGBUILDs from Mark Lehmann’s website. The latter is currently unavailable, unfortunately. And the URxvt tarball is also unavailable for downloading.

What to do now with this, guys? — Maybe some of you know where to get aforementined URxvt tarball (another URL, publicly advertised, or someone hosted it on their website).

Thanks in advance for a suitable solution or direction to solve this out there.

[1]  https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rxvt-unicode-better-wheel-scrolling/
[2]  https://pkgbuild.com/~eschwartz/repo/x86_64-extracted/

--
Kind regards,