[aur-general] What's happened with URxvt upstream? And how to build dependent packages now?

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Tue Aug 24 19:09:31 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-24 21:55, Radislav Golubtsov via aur-general wrote:
> What to do now with this, guys? — Maybe some of you know where to get
> aforementined URxvt tarball (another URL, publicly advertised, or
> someone hosted it on their website).

The current version of rxvt-unicode is 9.26. The upstream site has all
the old versions available going back decades, but they are in a
directory called Attic. The AUR package you use needs to be updated to
either point at the Attic URL if it needs an old version or the current
version if it can do that. I suggest commenting to this effect on the
AUR package.

Also, since it's been a while since you looked around, and as a 10+ year
user of URXVT myself can I suggest there are some better alternatives
these days? Alacritty would be my top suggestion, but but no means the
only good one.

Caleb