[aur-general] What's happened with URxvt upstream? And how to build dependent packages now?

Radislav Golubtsov rgolubtsov at mail.ru
Tue Aug 24 20:03:20 UTC 2021

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 6:09 AM +11:00 from Caleb Maclennan <caleb at alerque.com>:

> On 2021-08-24 21:55, Radislav Golubtsov via aur-general wrote:
> What to do now with this, guys? — Maybe some of you know where to get
> aforementined URxvt tarball (another URL, publicly advertised, or
> someone hosted it on their website).

> The current version of rxvt-unicode is 9.26. The upstream site has all
> the old versions available going back decades, but they are in a
> directory called Attic. The AUR package you use needs to be updated to
> either point at the Attic URL if it needs an old version or the current
> version if it can do that. I suggest commenting to this effect on the
> AUR package.

> Also, since it's been a while since you looked around, and as a 10+ year
> user of URXVT myself can I suggest there are some better alternatives
> these days? Alacritty would be my top suggestion, but but no means the
> only good one.

> Caleb

Thank you, Caleb, for a quick answer!

But how to reach this directory (and URxvt tarballs within it)? — What is the actual URL for it? — I’ve tried some combinations but with no luck: in general I get very long timeouts in a web browser trying to reach that website [1] and even cURL responses from it like the following, timed out too:

$ curl -I http://dist.schmorp.de
curl: (28) Failed to connect to dist.schmorp.de port 80 after 128869 ms: Connection timed out
$
$ curl -I http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/rxvt-unicode-9.26.tar.bz2
curl: (28) Failed to connect to dist.schmorp.de port 80 after 130024 ms: Connection timed out
$
$ curl -I http://schmorp.de
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently