[aur-general] [ansible-aur] call for comment on pull request 50

Roland Puntaier roland.puntaier at chello.at
Sat Jan 23 18:31:10 UTC 2021

On Fri 21Jan22 14:40, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
>On 1/22/21 2:33 PM, Roland Puntaier via aur-general wrote:
>>Could someone comment on
>>
>>https://github.com/kewlfft/ansible-aur/pull/50
>>
>>The issue was that ansible-aur produced an error on an empty package list.
>>Now the question is whether ansible-aur should allow empty package lists.
>
>pacman doesn't allow empty lists either.

Yay does allow empty argument list.

Empty is like 0: mathematics allows 0.

A uses B.
A puts arguments in a variable.
If B does not allow empty,
- A needs to check on every use of B whether arguments are empty.
If B allow empty,
- A does not need to check.

It just makes the life of A easier, or n*A easier, if more use B.

Generally if-then-else tend to propagate and inflate the code.
The code base becomes larger and slower.

I made a pull request to pacman on github to make the error a warning instead.