[aur-general] [ansible-aur] call for comment on pull request 50

Leandro Papi leandro at alonerd.net
Sat Jan 23 22:03:45 UTC 2021

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 at 19:31, Roland Puntaier via aur-general
<aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> Generally if-then-else tend to propagate and inflate the code.
> The code base becomes larger and slower.

Sorry, I'm sincerely curious, in what programming language spawning a
shell to run a command only to have that command blurt out a warning
(and perhaps having to parse STDOUT and/or STDERR to catch that
warning) is _faster_ than a simple branching condition on the length
of a list?

My 2 cents are that it would be a lot easier (and faster) for both A
and B if neither of them allowed empty package lists.
Heck, I'd even put that if-then-else anyways in my code just to avoid
spawning a shell, or calling an external hook.

--
Fanfurlio
Just a linux sysadmin