[aur-general] Package `pijul` in both AUR and Community-Testing

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 1 23:35:18 UTC 2021

On 7/1/21 8:34 AM, Morten Linderud via aur-general wrote:
> runc, which the entire container ecosystem has been depending on the past 7 years,
> got it's first stable release last week after almost 100 release candidates :)

The very first version of runc in the official repos was 0.1.0, not
0.1.0alpha1 or anything of the sort.

Many projects get packaged and relied upon in a stable manner for a long
time before hitting their 1.0 milestone releases, and this is completely
fine. I've packaged a bunch of them myself too.

This is completely unrelated to any version of any software that states
that it's an alpha edition of e.g. "1.0.0". Typical practice is to
package 0.9.x or whatever, not 1.0.0 alpha48, since the former, despite
being pre-1.0, is still denoting a more stable version than "alpha48".

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User