[aur-general] Request to check my PKGBUILD

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 13 04:21:53 UTC 2021

On 7/12/21 11:50 PM, 悲剧小白 via aur-general wrote:
> I made a PKGBUILD for the "Badlion Client" software, but there will
> be some warnings during the build. How can I deal with this problem?
> If PKGBUILD has any other questions, please let me know.
>
> tips: Badlion Client is a third-party launcher for Minecraft games.
> To run the game, you need to have a genuine Minecraft Java Edition
> account.

Hmm, what's the purpose of replacing the AppRun script? In fact, why not
just run the binary directly?

Also I notice in your PKGBUILD you chmod -R 755 a directory tree... you
should probably not be marking the files inside there, as executable.
They're just images. Why do you them chmod -R 644 some of the files?

Maybe you should consider using:

chmod -R ugo+rwX

(Also: this once, you forgot to quote $pkgdir correctly.)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User