[aur-general] pcb-rnd-svn first package

pcb-rnd at cuvoodoo.info pcb-rnd at cuvoodoo.info
Thu Jul 22 12:39:50 UTC 2021

thanks for the comments.
I also fixed the maintainer/contributor name to include the previous maintainer.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 02:31:54PM +0200, Marcin Wieczorek wrote:
> > pkgname=camv-rnd
> > pkgver=1.0.0
> > pkgrel=1
> > pkgdesc="free/open source, small, flexible viewer for PCB-related CAM file formats"
> > url="http://www.repo.hu/projects/camv-rnd/"
> > arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
> > license=('GPL2')
> > depends=('librnd3'
> >          'freetype2')
> > provides=('camv-rnd')
> > source=("http://www.repo.hu/projects/$pkgname/releases/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz")
> > sha256sums=('edf86c4d7d94364abc2b20bbfb3a78501a899f0b324ce0ecda632efd867a1a15')
> I don't think there is any reason in a package providing it's exact
> name.

I did not know you don't need to add 'provide' if the name is the same as the package.
thanks for pointing it out, I'll remove them in the non-svg packages

> > # fungw is not strictly dependant on genht (it also embeds it), but other packages relying on fungw also can optionally use external genht, and we don't want them to use different versions
> This reasoning is interesting. If it embeds it, can it "provide" genht
> too?

no, it can't provide genht, it only uses its own copy as fallback if the library is not available.
this strategy/dependency was recommended by the author of all this software.

> > # Maintainer: CuVoodoo <pcb-rnd at cuvoodoo.info>
> > pkgname=librnd3-svn
> > pkgver=r32924
> > pkgrel=1
> > pkgdesc="free/open source, flexible, modular two-dimensional CAD engine"
> > url="http://www.repo.hu/projects/librnd/"
> > arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
> > license=('GPL')
> > depends=()
> Empty depends array can be removed (in other places too).

fixed