[aur-general] pcb-rnd-svn first package

Marcin Wieczorek marcin at marcin.co
Thu Jul 22 12:45:38 UTC 2021

> I did not know you don't need to add 'provide' if the name is the same as the package.
> thanks for pointing it out, I'll remove them in the non-svg packages
provides: An array of additional packages that the software provides the features of.
The package itself cannot be "additional". At least I've always
understood it that way.

> > > # fungw is not strictly dependant on genht (it also embeds it), but other packages relying on fungw also can optionally use external genht, and we don't want them to use different versions
> > This reasoning is interesting. If it embeds it, can it "provide" genht
> > too?
>
> no, it can't provide genht, it only uses its own copy as fallback if the library is not available.
> this strategy/dependency was recommended by the author of all this software.
Fair enough.

Also I noticed that the signatures are broken (0 byte files). I don't
think it even is PGP. In case you ever contact the upstream make sure to
mention this and the fact that they should have https.
I'm not sure about that tho, because the authors seem to negate the
value of HTTPS or at least point out "false sense of security".
http://repo.hu/cgi-bin/pool.cgi?cmd=show&node=https

Marcin Wieczorek