[aur-general] Pushing rc version of package to aur

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Fri Jul 30 20:54:04 UTC 2021

If 1.0.0-rc.3 is why they're flagging it out of date, perhaps you could
reply to them and explain why it's not out of date; an rc is a release
candidate, but not necessarily a true release. After rc makes its way to
a true release, that's when upstream is telling everybody that there's a
new release to update to.

imho, if folks want release candidates, a VCS package could always be
crafted. I would personally avoid releasing non-vcs rc packages.

At the end of the day; it's really up to the maintainer.

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin Morris