[aur-general] Request for Public Review of REXPaint package

Kevin Morris kevr at 0cost.org
Sat Jul 31 21:20:48 UTC 2021

That is absolutely insecure. Upstream should probably provide a
way to provide overrides to those files, which probably means also
dealing with prioritizing an override location over /usr/share
defaults.

Some packages have used /opt to do things like this in the past.
Personally, I try to avoid using /opt with system packages, because
it differentiates how things are organized for packages in the root
filesystem.

Some options would be things like: $HOME/.config/<package>/... or
some XDG directory for overrides.

Regards,
Kevin

--