[aur-general] Notification of GPL violation

Manhong Dai daimh at umich.edu
Sat May 22 23:14:54 UTC 2021

"(and not copyrighted, surprisingly) part of original source code"

I am truly surprised by the quoted above . How can you think the original
source code is not copyrighted? As far as I know, US copyright law doesn't
have distinction between different parts of software code.

Unless the upstream put the work in public domain explicitly as in the GPL
FAQ link below, I don't think you understanding about copyright is any
close to right.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#RequiredToClaimCopyright

Best,
Manhong