[aur-general] About the vuescan-bin package updating problm

Pasha Finkelshteyn pavel.finkelshtein at gmail.com
Sun May 30 09:03:57 UTC 2021

On 21/05/29 10:18PM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> On 5/29/21 3:18 AM, Pasha Finkelshteyn wrote:
> > I don't know if it's compatible with AUR/Arch policies, but what can sto
> > us from writing python-selenium script, which will find actual download
> > URL and will check its checksum and if it's differrent — will update
> > everything needed?
>
> There are AUR packages that do this sort of thing using overridden
> DLAGENTS=() rather than the standard curl one in makepkg.conf; some use
> complicated referer magic, some need to answer form input before getting
> the download url, some do scripted interactions using lynx. A selenium
> driven download shouldn't be a problem.
>
> The problem here is that the current download url is trivially
> downloaded with curl/wget, but it's not versioned. It's basically
> https://url.com/files/vuescan.rpm
>
> That being said, I suppose a custom dlagent could be used to first check
> the downloads page, check if the right version is listed, and refuse to
> download if the wrong version (and thus the wrong checksums) is listed
> as available.
>
> --
> Eli Schwartz
> Bug Wrangler and Trusted User

Oh, those "6497" is not a version number, having complicated strict will
not help in any way. What may actually help is just a simple script,
that will perform `makepkg -g` and update the PKGBUILD if necessary.

Then, if the file is actual valid rpm channges may be automatically
commited and maybe even pushed.

--
Regards,
Pasha