[aur-general] Handling own requests (Was: [PRQ#29045] Deletion Request for hugo-bin)

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 9 13:00:23 UTC 2021

Em novembro 8, 2021 21:23 George Rawlinson via aur-general escreveu:
> On 21-11-09 11:19, Daurnimator via aur-general wrote:
>> Deleting obvious spam packages shouldn't require two people.
>>
>> Furthermore, I don't think requiring a unverified member of the public
>> + a TU is much of a higher bar, aside from making spam removal more
>> difficult.
>
> Agreed. There's already an audit log (via aur-requests) of all actions
> taken.
>
> I am interested in seeing what others think (not just staff members) of
> the situation.
>
> --
> George Rawlinson

If it helps, when I was a TU, every request I created myself, I would usually not
be the one handling it. I always waited on another TU to handle it, because there's
a clear interest conflict there.

There are no rules preventing a TU from making a request and also being the one handling
said request, but that's how I did things. However, I would handle requests for clearly
problematic packages, like when I did a huge cleanup of manjaro packages.

Perhaps make a rule preventing TU's from handling their own requests?

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini