[aur-general] Handling own requests (Was: [PRQ#29045] Deletion Request for hugo-bin)

Radislav Golubtsov rgolubtsov at mail.ru
Wed Nov 10 18:00:23 UTC 2021

>Wednesday, November 10, 2021 12:00 AM +11:00 from Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general <aur-general at lists.archlinux.org>:
>
>Em novembro 8, 2021 21:23 George Rawlinson via aur-general escreveu:
>> On 21-11-09 11:19, Daurnimator via aur-general wrote:
>>> Deleting obvious spam packages shouldn't require two people.
>>>
>>> Furthermore, I don't think requiring a unverified member of the public
>>> + a TU is much of a higher bar, aside from making spam removal more
>>> difficult.
>>
>> Agreed. There's already an audit log (via aur-requests) of all actions
>> taken.
>>
>> I am interested in seeing what others think (not just staff members) of
>> the situation.
>>
>> --
>> George Rawlinson
>>
>If it helps, when I was a TU, every request I created myself, I would usually not
>be the one handling it. I always waited on another TU to handle it, because there's
>a clear interest conflict there.
>
>There are no rules preventing a TU from making a request and also being the one handling
>said request, but that's how I did things. However, I would handle requests for clearly
>problematic packages, like when I did a huge cleanup of manjaro packages.
>
>Perhaps make a rule preventing TU's from handling their own requests?
>
>Regards,
>Giancarlo Razzolini

Hi guys,

> I am interested in seeing what others think (not just staff members) of the situation.
TUs are *Trusted Users* by definition, so they are trusted by... whom? and for... what?)) - I'd bet when they are wipe out spam comments and simply spam or nasty things like so, they don't have to get so called "four-eyes" approvals for that. But what's regarding their own requests, they should be well on their own, because thay are TUs. - We (ordinary Arch Linux users) trust them to do what they consider like a common sense.

Arch developers are few, but TUs are many. Besides that (almost) every TU has gone through a two-step procedure admitting as a TU, which is clearly visible in this ML, regularly. - Once again: we trust them and their vision regarding common sense.

(*Sidespin* : I notice this for a long period of time that stepped-down TUs still use their own emails with archlinux.org domain, at least in the current ML. And I wonder, why those email addresses not withdrawal upon their membership as TUs has finished? - Giancarlo, Alad, maybe someone else? - This is a funny curiosity, no more.)))))

--
Kind regards,
Radislav (Radicchio) Golubtsov