[aur-general] Remove my "package_name.git" repo

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:53:53 UTC 2021

On 11/17/21 3:03 AM, Attila Greguss via aur-general wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You just need to clone again with the correct name and delete your
> `package_name` folder.
>
> Nothing bad happened, you are not blocked to create a package with a
> different name.
>
> Cloning from the AUR does not make packages appear on the AUR, only if you
> push a PKGBUILD and .SRCINFO after cloning. But I doubt you would be able
> to push to package_name, so again, no harm done. Just delete your local
> copy of it and clone again.

Thank you,

  I did delete the package_name repo in my AUR git directory, but I still
cannot create the new clamav-LTS repo. I get the following error:

$ git clone ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/clamav-LTS.git
Cloning into 'clamav-LTS'...
git-upload-pack: invalid repository name: clamav-LTS

and the repository exists.

  When I accidentally used package_name it worked, e.g.

$ git clone ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/package_name.git
Cloning into 'package_name'...
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.

  Now I can't create the clamav-LTS repo as an empty repo the same way? Why?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.