[aur-general] Leaving Arch Linux

Iyán Méndez Veiga me at iyanmv.com
Thu Nov 18 13:30:40 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Thursday 18 November 2021 14:01:56 CET Simon Legner via aur-general wrote:
> Hey,
>
> earlier this year I've stared using macOS and Fedora. With mixed
> feelings I'm leaving Arch Linux (for now).

A bit offtopic, but what do you miss in Arch that you get with Fedora? macOS is
a no go for me, so I'm not that interested.

> Currently I'm the co/maintainer of 106 AUR packages:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=simon04&SeB=m
>
> Is there a standard procedure for safely un-maintaining all packages?
> Just abandoning all packages is not the best idea, is it? I'd like to
> find caring maintainers for my packages.

I guess announcing here is the right way to do it, specially when you have so
many packages.

I can adopt spectre-meltdown-checker. I have used it in the past, and seems
very easy to maintain.

> Thank you for great thirteen years,
> simon04

Thank you, and hope you come back to Arch at some point ;)

Cheers,
Iyán

--
Iyán Méndez Veiga