[aur-general] Leaving Arch Linux

Simon Legner simon.legner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 19:40:54 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 2:30 PM Iyán Méndez Veiga via aur-general
<aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> A bit offtopic, but what do you miss in Arch that you get with Fedora? macOS is
> a no go for me, so I'm not that interested.

Last year I've setup three new Linux systems and decided to try
something new. Since I've been using CentOS on a few servers already,
Fedora was a natural choice. In the end I was positively impressed.
Out of the GUI installer comes a perfect luks/brtfs/@root/@home setup.

Arch Linux has been working pretty well over the years. When I joined,
I was super excited as it was the first distribution I really dug
into. AUR was fun to try out new software during my university life.

In the last few years fewer and fewer things kept me excited about
Arch. Plenty of new tools are written in Go/Rust and distributed as
precompiled binaries. anyway, making them effortless to try.