[aur-general] poe-git maintainership

Strahinya Radich contact at strahinja.org
Wed Oct 6 21:45:30 UTC 2021

Hi, I am the author of the program poe (https://sr.ht/~strahinja/poe). When I
wanted to create an AUR package for my program, I found out that someone (with
the username fossdd) already made a package for my program, called poe-git. The
version of the package in the AUR, however, is 0.1.alpha.r11.g4a843ea-1 and I've
moved on to v1.3.3. Granted, when poe-git is installed through an AUR helper,
the latest source is pulled, but the PKGBUILD doesn't use the intended command
for the installation (which is now PREFIX=... ./do install, I've added
respecting the PREFIX environment variable), but instead uses the install(1)
program manually, so the manpage isn't installed. I would be fine with fossdd
maintaining poe-git AUR package if it is kept up-to-date, but I would prefer
maintaining it myself.

I tried contacting fossdd today early in the morning about this, but got no
response yet. I would appreciate an advice on this.