[aur-general] ssh access on port 443

tom at tswartz.net tom at tswartz.net
Tue Apr 19 12:45:10 UTC 2022

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 08:16:10AM +0000, George Rawlinson via aur-general wrote:
> On 22-04-18 17:50, aur--- via aur-general wrote:
> > As slow as it is, have you tried using Tor, you are only pushing pulling PKGBUILD files, not gigabytes of data.
> >
> > Offtopic; does the AUR or any part of Arch offer .onion services?
>
> I don't think we do, is there actually any interest in this?
>
> --
> George Rawlinson

I had raised this back in 2015 and the suggestion was shot down pretty hard back then.
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2015-June/030939.html

However, there were some useful suggestions last time around:
It may be possible to use the following by itself, or in combination with a VPS
as others have mentioned.
http://gitolite.com/git-over-proxy.html

Fortunately, I'm no longer in a position where this is necessary for my
own work, though I too recall the difficulty in sharing packages with tcp/22
closed/blocked/inaccessible.

I'm hopeful that with the latest changes to AUR and with some new TU's in the
group, perhaps some opinions have changed to reconsider this option.

Cheers,
--
Tom Swartz