[aur-general] request to make a -libs package

Sam Mulvey archlinux at sammulvey.com
Sun Feb 6 13:56:09 UTC 2022

On 2/6/22 05:51, Uwe Koloska via aur-general wrote:

> But wasn't the request about splitting off the library part from a
> bigger package that contains all about xen? So that there is a xen-lib
> split-package and the rest, so that everyone providing services for
> xen, could be build with only the xen-lib package as a requirement and
> don't hast to pull in the whole xen-package just for building?
>
> Uwe

That appears to be the case.   I know that there have been attempts to
build qemu and libvirt with xen support in the past, and the xen
packages themselves include a lot of things that aren't needed to do
that job.   So I can see the purpose, but I generally prefer the lack of
-libs and -dev packages.

-Sam