[aur-general] TU application for sudoforge

Brett Cornwall ainola at archlinux.org
Thu Feb 17 21:22:28 UTC 2022

On 2022-02-17 11:59, Ben Denhartog via aur-general wrote:
>No, it's pretty straightforward, but note that being "closed source" and/or "difficult to compile from source" are not qualifying factors for determining whether or not a package should be moved to community.
>
>I'm not arguing that `kind-bin` _should absolutely_ be moved to community, simply that the parameters you're asking about are not pertinent to whether or not it is.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Are you saying that
software being closed source or with significant compiling difficulty
would have no bearing on their inclusion into [community]. Are you
saying that you would rather bring in binary releases into the
repositories?

(BTW, please do bottom post on Arch mailing lists :))