[aur-general] Stop deleting texlive-dummy and texlive-upstream

slbtty shenlebantongying at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 06:08:24 UTC 2022

Hi,

It is obviously the one who request and confirm the deletion of the
texlive-dummy and texlive-upstream doesn't know why they are existed.

The delection request this [1] :
"""
Dummy pkgbuild which wrongfully conflicts and replaces texlive system
packages
"""

Exactly! We don't want to use the system texlive at all. We want the
conflict and replace the system texlive. The texlive in official repo
is out-dated and unable to pull other packages from CPAN. The system
texlive and the dependencies on it is broken.

The TeXlive installed by official installer (from texlive.org) is
superior and much better for serious users, and we really don't need
the system one.

If you google "archlinux texlive dummy", you know what ? You can get a
lot of pages about "texlive dummy package on AUR". However, the
package is GONE.

Stop breaking this existing, proven to work and perfect solution.

Please stop deleting them!

Please restore both texlive-dummy and texlive-upstream.

Please check how many upvotes and popularity that those two packages got.

[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2022-January/064689.html
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2022-January/064789.html
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2022-January/064691.html

slbtty