[aur-general] ungoogled-chromium-bin package submission

networkException arch at nwex.de
Fri Jul 1 08:18:23 UTC 2022

Hello,

I maintain / administer the ungoogled-chromium project and its Arch
Linux packaging.

Last year I asked[1] about the submission rules for an
ungoogled-chromium-bin package as previous packages have all been
removed. Since then our GitHub Actions workflow for releases has been
adjusted to hopefully comply with the requirements[2].

At the moment updates will be handled manually by me but the code for
automating this already exists.

Now it has come to my attention that the ungoogled-chromium-bin package
is blacklisted due contentious violations by people not affiliated with
the project itself. Would it be possible to remove this blacklist entry
to be able to submit our binaries? I imagine that providing an official
package will also stop people submitting packages with workaround names.

Kind regards,
networkException

1: The previous conversation regarding this topic
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2021-September/036581.html

2: The commit updated our release workflow
https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium-archlinux/commit/88138af15f8231ec0f473e423f28cc29ef76f40f