[aur-general] Python packaging: weird behaviour

j.r j.r at jugendhacker.de
Mon Jul 25 16:33:56 UTC 2022

Hello list,

I'm currently trying to adapt my AUR packages to the new PEP 517 based
build workflow [1]. Some users of the telegram-tg [2] package reported
after I changed it to PEP 517, that they are missing the actual python
files in the final package. I investigated a bit further and found out
if I build with makechrootpkg (like I usually do) the files are inside
the package (that's why I didn't notice), but if I use yay for example
(which uses makepkg without a clean chroot), the package does not
contain the files.  Now I'm a bit confused and don't know how to debug
this further, could somebody please help me or at least give me a hint?

Thanks in advance
j.r

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Python%20package%20guidelines#Standards_based_(PEP_517)
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/telegram-tg