[aur-general] TU Application - serebit

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 26 20:51:25 UTC 2022

On 26/07/22, Campbell Jones via aur-general wrote:
> On Jul 26, 2022, 4:35 PM, Jonas Witschel via aur-general < aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Having an active EndeavourOS contributor feels like a great way to bridge this perceived gap a bit.
>
> Just to clarify, I am not an EndeavourOS contributor, but an EndeavourOS user. However, I have had correspondence with an Endeavour contributor, flyingcakes, as he's in the Budgie Matrix space—this correspondence is the reason Endeavour has been shipping budgie-control-center in their own "eos" repository prior to it landing in \[community\]. I would, of course, be perfectly happy to provide a communication bridge of sorts between EndeavourOS and Arch regardless, if given the opportunity to do so.

I think packaging and testing makes sense to be done on a vanilla Arch
system only. I've asked serebit before when reviewing the application
and he suggested to migrate one of his machines to Arch native as
already mentioned.

Many of us use different operating system / distributions as well as
Archlinux so I don't think it's weird, I've contributed to repod patches
to make it build successfully in MacOS. The fact EOS it a derivative makes
it just easier to switch to native Archlinux and shows we are inclusive :)

As for bringing closer Archlinux with derivative ditributions we
contacted already some for them and they attended in one of the repod
meetings we have every other week with positive feedback and discussion
[1]. I think it can bring positive feedback and collaboration on issues
which we/they face challenges or both.

[1]:
https://lists.archlinux.org/archives/list/arch-projects@lists.archlinux.org/thread/O265IWFP2J74IP3HFFKCK7NUQYISVXD7/

Cheers