[aur-requests] [PRQ#3154] Orphan Request for mp

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Tue Apr 28 11:14:23 UTC 2015

28.04.2015, 05:02, "notify at aur.archlinux.org" <notify at aur.archlinux.org>:
> stef204 [1] filed a orphan request for mp [2]:
>
> Hi,
> This package is out of date and unmaintained.
> It was last updated on 2013-05-18 17:49 and shows version 5.2.6-1 when
> upstream is on 5.2.9.
> I have posted a revised PKGBUILD in comments.
> I have contacted maintainer speps 3 times at 2 different email
> addresses; over a period of 2 months or so, no replies.
> I am in touch with upstream and am looking to provide users with
> upgraded versions of this package as development continues and
> improvements are made.
> I hate doing an orphaning request; and have no intention of hijacking
> anyone's packages/work but unfortunately, maintainer 'speps' seems
> unresponsive.  Perhaps it is due to the fact he is listed as
> maintainer for more than 500 packages in AUR.
> Thus, I respectfully request this package be orphaned so I can take
> over and keep it up-to-date.
> Thanks.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/stef204/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/mp/

I'd like to also point out that there are 2 other related packages which also seem unmaintained:

<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mp-5/>

and

<https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mp-5-gtk/>

Same program.

This package builds with either ncurses, gtk, qt4 or kde.

One single (possibly 'split')  package might make more sense.....

And if any of the maintainers of the above mp-5 packages would rather continue as maintainers, no problem for me.  Just trying to get this package actively maintained and stick to AUR standards.

Another solution might be for me to do a git version and just maintain that--but it would still leave 3 other related (and unmaintained) packages in AUR.