[aur-requests] [PRQ#4519] Deletion Request for ring-daemon-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Dec 12 10:28:46 UTC 2015

r0b0t [1] filed a deletion request for ring-daemon-git [2]:

This package was saturating my home bandwidth from (with only dring
running) , in tcpdump I saw just IP protocol nor tcp or udp traffic
but was basically causing my router to rx drop (+1MB/s upload speed) I
even called my ISP thinking that they had problems but today found out
what was going on and after removing the package of course everything
returned normal.
To reproduce just install the package and leave it running while
monitoring the traffic caused by it. Sooner or later will start "DoS-
ing"

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/r0b0t/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/ring-daemon-git/