[aur-requests] [PRQ#2585] Merge Request for upower-pm-utils

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sun Mar 8 20:58:24 UTC 2015

Hi, Artoo,

On Sundays 08 March 2015 20:18:44 artoo wrote:
> I would protest a deletion, since I regard the package name better and
> more specific than "nosystemd".  It is simply a service to the arch
> community to upload these packages also to AUR, no matter they are also
> used by manjaro. I won't start to maintain two versions of the same
> package just for sake of naming issue. Same PKGBUILDS are used in our
> binary repos.

About packages naming. Yes, at the moment I don't find any reference to how
such packages should be named in the Wiki. But, just a second let's imagine
the user who installs the system without systemd. Search for "pm-utils" gives
only the discussed package [1]. Whereas search for "nosystemd" gives a lot of
related results [2]. So tell me please what is name a better for the user
experience?

1. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=pm-utils
2. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=nosystemd

> Anyway, if you delete this package, please delete all my packages and I
> am done with AUR.

Can I leave this remark without any comments? =)

Also I've CCed this email to the aur-request@ ML, because all related
discussions should take place on it.
--
Sincerely yours,