[aur-requests] [PRQ#2585] Merge Request for upower-pm-utils

Alad Wenter alad at archlinux.info
Wed Mar 18 16:10:32 UTC 2015

Hi Muflone,

Recently I've filed a request to merge upower-pm-utils into
upower-nosystemd (comments by arcanis starting in
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2015-March/005436.html),
however you later rejected the request and merged upower-nosystemd into
upower-pm-utils instead.

I've posted a follow-up message to the AUR mailing list
(https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2015-March/005679.html).

The issue now is that the maintainer refuses to change the eudev
dependency to udev, preventing the package's use with systemd-udev (see
the discussion in https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/upower-pm-utils/).

I'm aware it's easy to change the PKGBUILD for my personal use; but
while booting to a different init is a fairly straightforward process,
removing systemd itself (and using eudev) is anything but. That latter
step would be necessary to use the package in question is misleading.

What would you suggest as best course of action?

Regards,

Alad