[aur-requests] [PRQ#7438] Request Rejected

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:01:05 UTC 2017

On 2/7/17 8:56 AM, Bruno Pagani via aur-requests wrote:
> Le 07/02/2017 à 14:06, Awal Garg via aur-requests a écrit :
>

> Contacting the maintainer before filing a request is a good practice,
> whether you ask his package to be orphaned, deleted or merged into
> another. ;)
>
> Maybe we should patch
> https://git.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/tree/web/template/pkgreq_form.php?h=v4.4.1
> to add that for merge and deletion (it’s already there for orphan).
>

> Since renaming = pushing a package with the new name + filing a request
> to merge the old one in the new one, this doesn’t make any sense.
>

> That’s OK. I’ll monitor the situation with
> firefox-aurora/firefox-dev/firefox-developer from now on, and will wait
> for things to be settled before accepting the current remaining requests.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

I'm here, I'll take a good at the firefox-nightly-fr pkgbuild and work
to make the necessary adjustments. I've never particularly cared for how
it just skips the sha512 sum on the tarball, but I also wasn't thrilled
updating the sha512 every 1-180 minutes so I went with what was
available to me at the time.

I too agree that auto-updating a PKGBUILD without some form of vetting
is a bad idea. Given the number of pkgs I maintain, I'd love to let
things update automatically, but my experience in these past several
years suggests that there is always something that fails in the process
and that nothing but good old fashioned vim/diff can properly ensure a
working and clean pkgbuild.

As for co-maintaining... I'm not really ready for that, but thanks anyways.
--
Thanks,
John D Jones III
unixgeek1972 at gmail.com