[aur-requests] [PRQ#7438] Request Rejected

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:56:10 UTC 2017

Le 07/02/2017 à 14:06, Awal Garg via aur-requests a écrit :

> > You apparently didn’t even asked the maintainer of firefox-developer
> about that move.
>
> Apologies, I didn't realize I should be doing that first.

Contacting the maintainer before filing a request is a good practice,
whether you ask his package to be orphaned, deleted or merged into
another. ;)

Maybe we should patch
https://git.archlinux.org/aurweb.git/tree/web/template/pkgreq_form.php?h=v4.4.1
to add that for merge and deletion (it’s already there for orphan).

> > Also, firefox-developer is the correct name, if
> > anything it’s firefox-dev that should be merged in firefox-developer.
>
> That is indeed what I mentioned in the original request, but I figured it
> made more sense to have the outdated package get merged in the
> updated one and rename the new one instead.

Since renaming = pushing a package with the new name + filing a request
to merge the old one in the new one, this doesn’t make any sense.

> > That being said, both packages need some fixing, and auto-updating a
> > VCS-like package is not a good practice
>
> Agreed.
>
> I'll take a better look at your nightly PKGBUILD and see if I can
> co-maintain firefox-developer. Thanks.

That’s OK. I’ll monitor the situation with
firefox-aurora/firefox-dev/firefox-developer from now on, and will wait
for things to be settled before accepting the current remaining requests.

Regards,
Bruno