[aur-requests] Package deletion

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:34:10 UTC 2017

Le 23/02/2017 à 15:29, Kristian (whoseos) a écrit :

> Hi Bruno,
>
> these packages contain a NVIDIA driver beta release that is not a usual
> NVIDIA beta driver, but a special Vulkan beta driver just for
> developers, based on the 375.XX-version from the end of last year and
> with support for still unreleased Vulkan extensions:
>
> https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver
>
> That's the reason I added the "vulkan" and the "developer" keyword to
> the package names – to indicate that this release is a special driver
> for game/graphics-developers which need the newest experimental Vulkan
> features. The latest official NVIDIA drivers do not contain the these
> Vulkan extensions – only version 375.27.10.
>
> These Vulkan extensions are a requirement for yesterday's beta release
> of Valve's SteamVR for Linux. I created the packages first for myself as
> copies from the current *nvidia-beta packages and planned to just upload
> them somewhere (Gits or pastebin or something else) and mention them on
> Github. But I was asked by other Arch-using developers to submit them to
> AUR instead:
>
> https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/5/133257959063392200/#c133257959063503682
>
> The (renamed) package is already mentioned in the official
> SteamVR-On-Linux README:
>
> https://github.com/ValveSoftware/SteamVR-for-Linux
>
> I really hope I didn't create a mess with that. I expect a life time of
> the packages for just a few weeks or months until Khronos officially
> announces the Vulkan extensions and NVIDIA releases a regular beta
> driver that contains them. The official announcement should actually be
> next week during the Game Developers Conference.
>
> Regards,
> Kristian

OK, that’s fine. I don’t know how often NVIDIA does developer builds
separated from beta ones and if they can be multiple different developer
build at a given time, but maybe it would make more sense to just call
those packages -developer (rather than developer-vulkan-beta) and track
those -developer builds if they are one living branch.

Anyway, I’m deleting the 6 wrong ones since they are even less correctly
named. ;)

Regards,
Bruno