[aur-requests] [PRQ#7392] Deletion Request for bauerbill-over-pacaur

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 04:35:44 UTC 2017

On 01/30/2017 06:15 PM, Kieran Colford wrote:
> No one as expressed a valid reason for removal aside from an unclear
> purpose. I have corrected that now so it should be fine.

This doesn't appear to have made its way to the aur-requests ML, I
assume kcolford is not subscribed and therefore his email was rejected.

And I am pretty sure this package is still just as useless as it was
before the pkgesc was modified, given that rewording it to say the same
thing does not actually add a new purpose that wasn't there before.

I suggest that people who want to use bauerbill should go ahead and do
so, rather than feeling some sort of psychological need to type "pacaur"
into their interactive shell prompt in preference to "bauerbill". And if
you really need that psychological need, then ~/.bashrc is your friend;
stop uploading your personal aliases to the AUR.

As for "satisfy[ing] any dependencies on pacaur", I cannot imagine why
you would need such a thing, since pacaur is not the type of package
that other packages would be depending on. Except for multiply-layered
AUR helpers, which 1) shouldn't exist, and 2) should have
interchangeable backends for their multiply-layered bad idea, so file an
upstream bug.

--
Eli Schwartz