[aur-requests] [PRQ#8462] Merge Request for r-cran-curl

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at dukun.de
Sun Jul 9 09:01:46 UTC 2017

Hi naund, hi all,

fordprefect here.
I see your argument and appreciate your effort to clean up, but after a
short check in the AUR, the prevailing naming scheme seems to be
r-cran-$modulename not r-$modulename.
I would follow the argument to rename all packages to cran-$modulename,
since cran (Comprehensive R Archive Network) contains the R reference
already, but omitting cran in the package name is not a good choice in
my opinion.
I regard r-curl as a duplicate of r-cran-curl and suggest merging the
other way around. If you like, you can take the ownership of the
package. That should not hinder a sensible solution here.

Best
Georg